Linda Jaber, Pharm. D.
Linda Jaber, Pharm. D.
Degrees and Certifications
- BACCALAUREATE: Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 1983
- GRADUATE: Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 1987
- 2014 - Medication Therapy Management, American Pharmacists Association
Positions and Employment
- Professor; Department of Pharmacy Practice; Wayne State University 2009 - present
- Associate Professor (Tenured); Department of Pharmacy Practice; Wayne State University 1996 - 2009
- Assistant Professor (Tenure-track); Department of Pharmacy Practice; Wayne State University 1990 - 1996
- Assistant Professor (Clinical); Department of Pharmacy Practice; Wayne State University 1989-1990
- Clinical Lecturer; Department of Pharmacy Practice; Wayne State University 1987-1989
Awards and Honors
- “Professor of the Year” award- Class of 2022
- “Thank a Teacher” award- Class of 2022.
- EACPHS Research Recognition Award, 2013
- Mortal & Pestle Award of Excellence, Arab American Pharmacist Association, 2009
- Roche Preceptor of the Year Award, graduating Doctor of Pharmacy class, 2007
- Excellence in Research Award, The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation, 2006
- Leadership Award for Community Research Collaboration, ACCESS 2003
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, 2000
- Recipient of the MSHP Research Award, Michigan Society of Hospital Pharmacy, 1994
- Member, Global MENA Coalition Taskforce 2022-present
- Member, MENA, Refugee, and Immigrant Health Equity Research Network
- Member, Scientific Committee, National Arab American Medical Association 2011-present
- Member, American Diabetes Association 1988-present
- Member, American College of Clinical Pharmacy 1989, 2013
- Member, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy1992
- Member, Michigan Society of Hospital Pharmacy 1994
- Member, Michigan Pharmacists Association 1994
- Member, Arab American Coalition of the American Diabetes Association 1998
- Member, The Arab American Task Force of the American Diabetes Association 1995-1998
- Member, Coalition for Diabetes Education & Minority Health 1991-1993
Areas of Expertise
- Diabetes management
- Clinical diabetes research
- Epidemiology and risk factors for diabetes in Arab Americans
- Ammar A, Darghali LM, McGarrity H, Jaber LA, Berlie HD. Breaking through Barriers to Missed Appointments in an Urban, Underserved Pharmacist-Managed Diabetes Clinic. American Journal of Medicine Open 2023.
- Alosaimy S, Mohammad I, Elias C; Saad A, Jaber LA; El-Ghali A. Culturally Sensitive Recommendations for the Clinical Pharmacist to Engage the Arab American Patient. JACCP: Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy 2022 (in press).
- Ammar A, Darghali LM, Tarraf W, Berlie HD, Jaber LA. (2021). Pharmacist impact on physician practices related to diabetes management. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal 2021;8(4): 560-575. http://doi.org/10.14738/assrj.84.10081
- Berlie HD, Kale-Pradhan PB, Orzechowski T, Jaber LA. Mechanisms and Potential Roles of Glucose-Lowering Agents in COVID-19: A Review. Ann Pharmacother. 2021 Mar 4:1060028021999473. doi: 10.1177/1060028021999473. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33657863
- El Masri D, Koscielniak N, Piatt G, DiZazzo-Miller R, Arnetz J, Jaber LA. Barriers and Facilitators to Perceived Diabetes Self-Management in Arab American Patients with Diabetes. Manuscript in press - Clinical Diabetes 2019.
- Dass S, El Masri D, Burghardt K, Jaber LA. DNA Methylation, Insulin Resistance and Medication Use in Arab Americans with Diabetes. - Epigenomes.
- Sukkarieh-Haraty OA, Jaber L, Kharma JA, Farran N, Bassil M. Determinants of diabetes self-care in two populations of Arabs with type 2 diabetes living in their country of origin or in the United States: A Comparative Analysis. Diabetes 2019;69(suppl1)
- Salim AM, Archer C, Tariq M, Jaber LA, Hammad A, Kilgore PE. Vaccine knowledge, awareness, and utilization among Arab-American Adults prior to hajj. ACCESS Health Journal Spring 2019:12-24.
- Bertran E, Berlie HD, Nixon A, Jaber LA. Does dapagliflozin affect energy intake and appetite? A randomized controlled exploratory study in healthy subjects. Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development 2019;76:182-186. doi: 10.1002/cpdd.461. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bertran EA, Pinelli NR, El Masri D, Sills SJ, Jaber L. Self-disclosure among men and women of Arab descent: Implications for group-based health education. American Journal of Educational Research. 2018; 6(3):196-200.
Abstracts Published in Academic Journals
- Sukkarieh-Haraty OA, Jaber L, Kharma JA, Farran N, Bassil M. Determinants of diabetes self-care in two populations of Arabs with type 2 diabetes living in their country of origin or in the United States: A Comparative Analysis. Diabetes 2019; 68(Suppl1).
- Berlie H, Salinitri FD, Jaber LA, Mohammad I, Kilgore PE, Karaoui LR, Btaiche IF, Crabtree BL, Moser LR, Lucarotti RL. Integrating Global Outreach and Student/Faculty Exchange into a Pharm.D. Program. AACP School Poster 1139. AM J Pharm Edu 2019;83(5). Article 7626.
- Lahiri M, El Masri D, Jaber LA. Utilizing web-based concept-mapping assignment to promote problem-solving, creative-thinking, communication, and collaboration in PharmD curriculum. Presented at the AACP Annual Meeting AM J Pharm Edu 2020;84(6).