Professor of Pharmaceutical SciencesDean, Graduate School
Degrees and Certifications
- Master of science in chemistry, Duke University, 1992
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical chemistry, Ruprecht-Karls Universität (Heidelberg, Germany), 1997
Positions and Employment
Amanda Bryant-Friedrich was selected to serve as the next dean of the Wayne State University Graduate School and professor of pharmaceutical sciences in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences as of Aug. 1, 2020.
- Fellow of the American Chemical Society
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Leadership fellow of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Primary Research Interest
Professor Bryant-Friedrich's research interests center around the study and use of naturally and synthetically modified nucleosides and nucleotides in the determination of disease etiology and drug design and development.