Insaf Mohammad, Pharm.D., BCACP
Insaf Mohammad, Pharm.D., BCACP
Degrees and Certifications
- 2015 - Pharm.D., Wayne State University
- 2015 - B.S. of Health Science, Wayne State University
- 2017-Present - Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
Positions and Employment
- 2019-present - Director of Ambulatory Quality and Scholarship - Internal Medicine Residency Program, Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn
- 2019-present - Adjunct Faculty - Internal Medicine Residency Program, Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn
- 2017-present - Clinical Assistant Professor - Department of Pharmacy Practice, Wayne State University
- 2017-present - Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Specialist, Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn
Awards and Honors
- 2022 - Advocacy Award, ACCP Ambulatory Care PRN
- 2022 - Editor’s Choice Award, JACCP
- 2021 - Committee Service Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2020 - Roland T. Lakey Award, Wayne County Pharmacists Association
- 2019 - Innovative Practice Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2019 - Patient & Family-Centered Culture Clinician Award, Beaumont Health
- 2017 - Thomas J. Schaut Presidential Service Award, Wayne County Pharmacists Association
- 2016 - Resident of the Year, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2016 - Gordon F. Goyette, Jr. Humanitarian Award, Wayne County Pharmacists Association
- 2017-present - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- 2015-present - Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists
- 2015-present - The Phi Lambda Sigma National Leadership Society - Gamma Chi Chapter
- 2014-present - American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- 2013-present - The Rho Chi National Pharmacy Honor Society -Alpha Chi Chapter
- 2012-present - Wayne County Pharmacists Association
- 2012-present - Michigan Pharmacists Association
- 2012-present - American Pharmacists Association
Areas of Expertise
- Opioid management, monitoring, and risk mitigation
- Interprofessional quality improvement initiatives
- Chronic disease state management, emphasis on diabetes
- Ambulatory care service implementation
Primary Research Interest
- May 2020-2021: Evaluation of an Outreach Initiative for Patients with Uncontrolled Hypertension in Primary Care
- Sep 2019-present: Improving Naloxone Co-Prescription for Patients on Opioids in a Primary Care Clinic
- May 2019-2020: Impact of Interprofessional Quality Improvement Efforts on Tapering Controlled Substances in Primary Care
- May 2019-2020: A Retrospective Evaluation of The Impact Of Interprofessional Efforts With an Ambulatory Pharmacy Team on Hemoglobin A1c in an Internal Medicine Clinic
- Oct 2018-2019: Improving Glycemic Control Using Shared Decision-Making Tools & Interprofessional Visits (Funded)
- Jul 2018-Apr 2019: Improving Safety On Long-Term Controlled Substances Via Urine Drug Screening: An Interprofessional Approach
- Oct 2017-2019: Improving Adherence to a Controlled Substance Agreement Policy: An Interprofessional Approach
- Hamai Tom E, Mohammad I, Bhat S. Autoimmune, Bone and Joint and Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Women’s Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach, Third Edition. McGraw-Hill. 2023. (Accepted for publication).
Editorships of Books/Proceedings
- ACCP Ambulatory Care Survival Guide, Editorial Board Member (2022-present).
- Mohammad I*, Alsomairy S, Mawari M, Elabdallah M, Elteriefi R, George J. Evaluation of interprofessional quality improvement interventions led by an ambulatory care pharmacist on adherence to a controlled substance agreement policy.
- Mohammad I*, Poyer A, Hamoud R, George J. Impact of ambulatory care pharmacist-led management on hemoglobin A1c values among patients with uncontrolled diabetes in a primary care clinic vs usual care over two years. Inov Pharm 2023;14(1)1-8. (Accepted for publication).
- Mohammad I*, George J, Zimmerman J, Elteriefi R. Impact of ambulatory care pharmacist-led diabetes mellitus management on hemoglobin A1c values among patients with diabetes in a primary care clinic over two years. Inov Pharm 2022;13(2):1-11.
- Alosaimy S, Mohammad I, Chahine E, Saad A, Jaber L, El-Ghali A. Culturally sensitive recommendations for the clinical pharmacist to engage the Arab American patient. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2022;1-12.
- Mohammad I*, Lobkovich A, Nardolillo J, Wilhelm S. Pharmacy student satisfaction and perceptions following a virtual sterile compounding experience. Int J Pharm Compd 2022;26(1):10-17. PMID: 35081039.
- Mohammad I*, Berri D, Tutag Lehr V. Pharmacists and opioid use disorder care during COVID-19: call for action. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2021;1-11. https://doi:10.1002/jac5.1556. PMID: 34909605. Awarded one of most top downloaded articles in J Am Coll Clin Pharm in 2021 (2023).
- Mohammad I, Berlie HD, Lipari M, Martirosov AL, Doung AA, Faraj M, Bacon O, Garwood CL. Ambulatory care practice in the COVID-19 Era: redesigning clinical services and experiential learning. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2020;3(6):1129-1137. Awarded ACCP “Editor’s Choice Award” (2022). Top 3 most downloaded articles in J Am Coll Clin Pharm (2020).
- Mohammad I, Berlie HD, Lipari M, Martirosov AL, Doung AA, Faraj M, Bacon O, Garwood CL. Letter to the Editor, Mohammad et al Reply to Tran and Fox. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2020;3:1391-92.
- McConachie S, Giuliano C, Mohammad I, Kale-Pradhan PB. Adverse drug reactions in drug information databases: does presentation affect interpretation?. J Med Libr Assoc 2020; 108(1):76-83. PMID: 31897054.
- Lui VC, Mohammad I, Deol BD, Balarezo A, Deng L, Garwood CL. Post-discharge medication reconciliation: reduction in readmissions in a geriatric primary care clinic. Journal of Aging and Health 2019; 31(10):1790-1805. PMID: 30160567.
- Mohammad I, Elder J. Billing for ambulatory care pharmacy services: a review and update. Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP) Monitor Apr 2023.
- Mohammad I, Lobkovich A, Nardolillo J, Wilhelm S. Teaching sterile compounding in the virtual age. AACP Laboratory Instructors Sig Newsletter. Nov 2021.
- Farhat N, Mohammad I. Developing a meaningful ambulatory pharmacy quality metric dashboard. Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP) Monitor Jul 2021;49(7).
- Azizi F, Azizi F, Winchester E, Nguyen T, Francisco K, Mohammad I, Najor-Durack A, Johnson C, Smolinski K, Mendez J. Diabetes Education and Wellness (DEW) Clinic - interprofessional approach to provide education and care to diabetes patients. Centre for Interprofessional Education Newsletter Jun 2020.
- Mohammad I, McConachie S. Innovating the integration of pharmacy trainees into practice: The Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn experience. Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP) Monitor 2018; 37(12):4-5.
- Mohammad I, Poyer A, Hamoud R, George J. Evaluation of ambulatory care pharmacistled management on hemoglobin A1c values among patients with uncontrolled diabetes in a primary care clinic vs usual care over two years. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2023.
- Berlie H, Garwood C, Gortney J, Mohammad I, Moser LR, O’Connell MB, Saad A. Triangulation of PIF efforts: curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular initiatives. AACP 2023.
- Mohammad I, Azizi F, Asif J, Nusairat L. Impact of interprofessional quality improvement on naloxone co-prescribing for patients on opioids in a primary care clinic. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2022.
- McConachie S, Farhat L, Berry N, Prouty A, Sengstock D, Mohammad I. Evaluation of physician, pharmacist, nurse and patient agreement on new medication counseling points. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2021.
- Mohammad I, George J. Evaluation of the impact of pharmacist-led diabetes mellitus (DM) management on hemoglobin A1c (HgbA1c) values in a primary care clinic. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2020; 3:1525-1689.
- Berlie H, Salinitri F, Jaber L, Mohammad I, Kilgore P, Karaoui L, Btaiche I, Crabtree B, Moser L, Lucarotti R. Integrating global outreach and student/faculty exchange into a Pharm.D. program. Am J Pharm Edu 2019.
- Mohammad I, Elabdallah M, Habbal H, John R, Elteriefi R. Improved urine drug screen monitoring on long-term controlled substances: an interprofessional approach. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2019; 1:159-160.
Courses taught by Insaf Mohammad, Pharm.D., BCACP
Winter Term 2024 (future)
Fall Term 2023 (current)
Winter Term 2023
- PPR4255 - Social Administrative Sciences and Professional Development II
- PPR5245 - Patient Care Lab III
Fall Term 2022
- PPR6155 - Social Administrative Sciences and Professional Development V
- PHA5125 - Principles of Pharmacotherapy III: Endocrinology, Gynecology, Urology