Applebaum Leadership Development Program
Each class of pharmacy students in the Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences includes natural leaders and innovators. These students are passionate about the profession and committed to making a difference beyond their individual careers. They embody the entrepreneurial spirit of the college's namesake, Eugene Applebaum.
The prestigious Applebaum Leadership Development Program prepares these students to serve as the next generation of leaders in community pharmacy. Four students are selected each year for this transformational opportunity.
Left to right: Applebaum Family Philanthropy Director Andrew Echt with 2021-23 Applebaum Leadership Development Program scholars Brooke Penny, Kelly Kepley, Klea Noskey and Sara Barakat.
Students selected for the Applebaum Leadership Development Program can look forward to the following benefits:
- $5,000 scholarship award
- Half-day program kickoff retreat featuring team-building events
- Seminar series featuring leaders engaging students on leadership, entrepreneurship, and advocacy
- Program finale celebrating accomplishments and key learnings
- Recognition in print and digital publications
- Second-year student in the PharmD program
- In good academic and professional standing
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Committed to making a difference in the community
How to apply
All second-year PharmD students who meet the eligibility requirements and have completed the college's scholarship application in AcademicWorks will be considered for admission to the Applebaum Leadership Development Program. The program director will select students based on application information and recommendations from faculty members.
For more information on the Applebaum Leadership Development Program, please contact: